Examination of Conscience
Ask God to help you make a good confession. In quiet reflection ask yourself: Since my last confession...
- Did I pray to God, daily and from my heart?
- Did I live and witness to my Catholic faith, joyfully & courageously? Did I take God's name in vain? Did I curse anyone or make false oaths? Did I engage in superstitious or occult practices?
- Did I attend and participate actively at Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation? Did I fast & abstain on prescribed days?
- Did I respect people in authority? My employer? Did I honor my parents?
- Was I violent or unnecessarily aggressive (e.g., physically, verbally, psychologically, etc.) with anyone?
- Was I prideful, stubborn, or rude with anyone? Did I hold a grudge?
- Did I abuse alcohol, prescription medications, or illegal drugs? Did I overindulge in food?
- Did I consent to, recommend, advise, or actively take part in an abortion? Did I use abortifacient drugs?
- Did I view pornography, entertain lustful thoughts, conversations or actions?
- Was I unloving to my spouse? Did I engage in adulterous activity (e.g., sexual, emotional, virtual, etc.)? Did I use contraceptives?
- Was I neglectful of the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, or physical needs of my spouse, children, or family?
- Did I steal or damage another's property? Was I honest and just in my business relations? Did I waste time at work?
- Did I contribute to the needs of the spiritually and materially poor with my time and resources?
- Did I engage in gossip? Did I lie? Did I speak poorly of others? Did I judge anyone unfairly?
- Did I envy anyone? Was I jealous of others or covet another's belongings?